Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Florida could save themselves almost $1,100 a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Miami. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important note is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to take a few minutes to get quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to all the different Miami insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Miami, FL. To get cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance companies do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Miami Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view insurers with discount insurance rates in Florida, click this link.
Local Miami car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Miami who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Miami, get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Miami may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Miami that are able to give price quote information.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Miami who can help you get comparison quotes.
Globalgreen Insurance Agency
6840 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 677-8022 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Acura ILX is worth?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ILX insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura ILX with a loan, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Acura ILX.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Florida limits are 10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your ILX resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your ILX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, hail damage, fire damage, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 which stand for $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, funeral expenses, emergency aid, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Best auto insurance in Miami
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Miami. The ranking information in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Insurance savings summarized
Affordable Acura ILX insurance in Miami can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Miami car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Acura ILX rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much are Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Miami? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)