Chevy Silverado insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Nobody likes paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average car insurance premium being $2,160, Miami drivers could cut their rates by almost 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Miami
The easiest way to get cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Miami. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Silverado insurance in Miami doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form their system requests your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Miami, FL. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take these ten policy discounts and save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Miami
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Miami auto insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Silverado can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, air bags, teen driver, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Miami. To choose auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Miami, follow this link.
Rates and data analysis
The rate table below outlines different policy rates for Chevy Silverado models. Being able to understand how prices are formulated can help you make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$284||$490||$486||$28||$146||$1,434||$120|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$284||$490||$430||$26||$128||$1,358||$113|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$596||$486||$28||$146||$1,582||$132|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$326||$596||$486||$28||$146||$1,582||$132|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$326||$596||$430||$26||$128||$1,506||$126|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$326||$596||$430||$26||$128||$1,506||$126|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$326||$596||$486||$28||$146||$1,582||$132|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$326||$596||$486||$28||$146||$1,582||$132|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$368||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,730||$144|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$368||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,730||$144|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$368||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,730||$144|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$368||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,730||$144|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$368||$810||$430||$26||$128||$1,762||$147|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$410||$810||$430||$26||$128||$1,804||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Gender-based insurance rates in Miami
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Silverado replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.