The recommended way to get discount car insurance rates in Miami is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
A study showed that over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $2,200, Florida drivers can save roughly $1,100 each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Miami is much easier if you have a good place to start. Smart buyers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare company rates instantly.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Florida. To buy the cheapest car insurance in FL, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Save a ton on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Miami with these insurance discounts
Some companies do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Miami auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Miami auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, air bags, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, early shopping, teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, teen safe driver, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need inexpensive Miami auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount rates in Florida, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Miami insurance agent
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Miami insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Miami are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agencies in Miami who can help you get price quote information.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
AV Insurance Agency Inc
2497 NW 79th St – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 696-2291 – View Map
After you get good answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Miami Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Gender and auto insurance costs – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history factor in your rate calculation. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by repairing your credit.
Kia Optima Hybrid insurance claim data – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Optima Hybrid Models Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy insurance in Florida
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Miami auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you quote Miami auto insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)