If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Ford GT insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Miami.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on GT insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for better prices are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Ford GT insurance in Miami is your objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for coverage rates can save money and time.
Save money with these discounts on Ford GT insurance in Miami
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current GT insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new GT can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Miami can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you want the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Compare Ford GT insurance rates
To find affordable Miami car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from lots of Florida auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find the best price.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Florida. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Miami
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings. Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Men pay higher rates – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
- Liability is cheap – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one moving violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Miami car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Miami who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Miami are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami that can give you comparison quotes.
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Miami who can help you get price quote information.
- Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
- The Market Insurance Agency
7900 NW 27th Ave #604b – Miami, FL 33147 – (786) 542-5233 – View Map
- Tropical Insurance
8700 W Flagler St # 230 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 221-2400 – View Map
Why you need insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Miami, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GT, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Miami car insurance companies
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Miami. The ranking information listed below may help you decide which providers to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Miami can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you many ways to save on Ford GT insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)