If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Miami.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper ATS coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. Drivers in Florida can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting the most affordable insurance policy in Miami is not as time-consuming as you think. You only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Cutting your Miami auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes to see which company has inexpensive Miami auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Miami, FL. In order to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower Cadillac ATS insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of companies will give you a small discount get Miami auto insurance on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Miami drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Can’t I compare prices from local Miami insurance agencies?
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Miami.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Miami are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Miami that can give you price quote information.
- Royal Palm Insurance Agency Inc
9900 NW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 835-6080 – View Map
- Koski and Co. Insurance Agents
9875 Sunset Dr – Miami, FL 33173 – (305) 595-2127 – View Map
- Neighbors Insurance Agency
7149 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (786) 401-4820 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Miami willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How are they compensated?
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Shown below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Cadillac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Use one insurance company and save – Most major insurance companies provide lower prices for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other Miami ATS insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
The type of car you drive affects your prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac ATS – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your Cadillac vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Miami, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Cadillac ATS but also your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Miami can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Miami, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Cadillac ATS insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from the smaller companies.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Miami? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)