It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Buick Regal insurance is your goal, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Miami is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Florida. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to find better prices using these methods. This article’s goal is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings Although Florida consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Improve your credit score – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Regal by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Big cities have higher prices – Living in less populated areas has definite advantages when buying car insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Lower population means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- You might have higher prices if you are single – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car you drive makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Buick Regal insurance loss statistics – Companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Miami car insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Miami can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Regal can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click here to view.
A little work can save a LOT of money
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Miami is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)