If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Miami. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in Florida can cut their rates by roughly $1,126 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The following companies offer free quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Buick Enclave rates
The data table displayed below showcases different coverage costs for Buick Enclave models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance prices are established is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$356||$736||$504||$30||$152||$1,778||$148|
|Enclave CX AWD||$356||$736||$504||$30||$152||$1,778||$148|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$356||$736||$504||$30||$152||$1,778||$148|
|Enclave XL AWD||$398||$736||$504||$30||$152||$1,820||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Miami which can change rates considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Buick Enclave auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Enclave insurance, insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Buick and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Enclave outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Miami overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Car Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Older drivers save more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies in Florida award discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of insurers provide lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Cautious drivers pay lower rates – Getting just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Buick Enclave insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
Buick Enclave claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Buick Enclave Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on Miami car insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Enclave insurance in Miami.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Buick Enclave insurance in Miami.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Buick Enclave insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Auto insurance can be complex
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is glass protection for?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Miami.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Featured below are Miami independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Royal Palm Insurance Agency Inc
9900 NW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 835-6080 – View Map
- Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
- All Security Insurance Agency, Inc.
373 N Royal Poinciana Blvd – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9544 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Miami will have answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy.
Best auto insurance company in Florida
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Florida. The company ratings below could help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Lower-priced Buick Enclave insurance in Miami can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Buick Enclave insurance auto insurance rates online in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Buick Enclave insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles: