The easiest way to save money on Kia Sportage insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies in Miami. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Miami insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Sportage coverage is available in Miami. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Sadly, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Miami drivers could pocket approximately 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Miami can be much easier if you know how to start. Smart buyers just have to learn the best way to get comparison quotes online.
Best Kia Sportage insurance prices in Florida
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Miami, FL. To get cheap auto insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information displayed next outlines different insurance coverage prices for Kia Sportage models. Knowing how insurance quotes are calculated can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$254||$442||$564||$34||$168||$1,462||$122|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$254||$442||$564||$34||$168||$1,462||$122|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$290||$538||$564||$34||$168||$1,594||$133|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$290||$538||$564||$34||$168||$1,594||$133|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$290||$538||$564||$34||$168||$1,594||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in Miami location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Kia Sportage annual premium costs for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Miami
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Kia Sportage replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Save with these discounts on Kia Sportage insurance in Miami
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Miami car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Kia Sportage insurance in Miami.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-policy, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, teen safe driver, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm has savings for good student, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, driver training, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Miami. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Miami, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What are good deductibles for a Kia Sportage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What if I total my Kia Sportage and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance quotes from local Miami insurance agents
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has the business existed?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Miami agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Miami who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
Frequent quotes can save
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. The cheapest Kia Sportage insurance in Miami is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Sportage insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Miami car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
More information can be found at the links below
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)