It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on Lexus IS 200t insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Lexus IS 200t insurance in Miami is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on IS 200t insurance in Miami. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Finding quotes for the best policy in Miami is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to save money and still have adequate protection. Smart buyers just need to use the proper methods to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Finding cheaper Lexus IS 200t auto insurance rates is not rocket science. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Miami, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Miami
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Miami auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Miami auto insurance depending on your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn substantially lower prices.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in Miami, click this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus IS 200t with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus IS 200t. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance quotes from local Miami insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Miami.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Miami who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Miami agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Miami who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Koski and Co. Insurance Agents
9875 Sunset Dr – Miami, FL 33173 – (305) 595-2127 – View Map
- Assure-Us The Insurance Agency
1880 NE 163rd St – North Miami Beach, FL 33162 – (305) 956-7818 – View Map
- AV Insurance Agency Inc
2497 NW 79th St – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 696-2291 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Miami that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Miami?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
After receiving good feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage at any point so never assume you are locked into a policy for the entire policy term.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Lexus IS 200t.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (10/20/10 in Florida), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for dental work, doctor visits, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 10/20/10 which stand for $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, loss of income, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your IS 200t to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, fire damage, vandalism, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.