It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest GMC Sierra insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Miami. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Sierra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Florida can cut their rates by up to 55% a year, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they changed companies.
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing GMC Sierra insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system orders your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Getting online rate quotes for GMC Sierra insurance in Miami helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you are getting rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
GMC Sierra insurance rate analysis
The coverage information below covers different insurance premium costs for GMC Sierra models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$344||$732||$542||$32||$162||$1,812||$151|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$344||$732||$542||$32||$162||$1,812||$151|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$344||$732||$542||$32||$162||$1,812||$151|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$388||$864||$542||$32||$162||$1,988||$166|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$434||$994||$542||$32||$162||$2,164||$180|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$434||$994||$542||$32||$162||$2,164||$180|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$434||$994||$542||$32||$162||$2,164||$180|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
GMC Sierra liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Sierra in Miami, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
- Your car’s features help determine auto insurance rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. It is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- File auto insurance claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Companies in Florida generally give the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Women and men are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Sierra insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Combine and save – Many insurance companies allow discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare GMC Sierra rates in Miami to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Where you live plays a part – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Florida areas regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive your GMC each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Sierra can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage states the proper vehicle usage.
GMC Sierra claim data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Sierra Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper GMC Sierra insurance in Miami with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Miami and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need inexpensive Miami car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Miami, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to get advice from an agent
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Miami.
By using this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Miami that can provide free Miami car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Car insurance agents in Miami come in two varieties
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Miami that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
Oliva Insurance Agency Inc
370 Miracle Mile – Miami, FL 33134 – (305) 270-1447 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Miami exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just read a lot of ways to lower your GMC Sierra insurance premium rates in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper GMC Sierra insurance in Miami is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Miami car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)