A study showed that the vast majority of Florida auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could save roughly $860 a year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The preferred way to save money on car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Miami. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Miami, FL. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Miami auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Miami car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, good driver, and multiple policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for student driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate discounts include passive restraint, good student, premier plus, auto/life discount, defensive driver, economy car, and new car.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
Protect more than your Lincoln Mark LT
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Miami, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lincoln Mark LT with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Lincoln Mark LT but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying auto insurance from Miami insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Miami.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Miami who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Miami that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Miami.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
- How long has their agency been open in Miami?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How will an accident affect your rates?