Want to learn a better way to compare more competitive Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami? No car owner likes buying auto insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Miami drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami.
You need to do price comparisons periodically because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rate on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Florida. To buy cheaper car insurance in FL, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Take policy discounts and save on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have most of the discounts above possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine premiums.
Don’t abuse claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Florida give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
What type of car do you drive? – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Golf SportWagen may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Does your employer cost you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as fire fighters, police officers, and miners tend to have higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as professors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Improve your credit rating – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are a ton of add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Miami should have no problem answering these questions:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Miami auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find local Miami agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Miami are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Miami who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below are Miami independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is worth?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Miami. The company ratings shown below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
We just showed you many ways to find cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to buy low-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Miami
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers in Miami. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Miami. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)