Getting the lowest cost Miami Ford F-150 insurance quotes can appear to be impossible for vehicle owners that are relatively new to price shopping over the internet. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how are vehicle owners able to have the ability to compare each option to find the best pricing?
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who get price comparisons will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Ford F-150 insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
Get cheaper rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Miami with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Miami car insurance quote.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
The information below shows the difference between Ford F-150 insurance prices with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Miami, FL. To find cheap auto insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Ford F-150 coverage analysis
The coverage information below covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford F-150 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are figured can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$182||$392||$24||$118||$850||$71|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$234||$392||$24||$118||$902||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$134||$234||$392||$24||$118||$902||$75|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$234||$392||$24||$118||$902||$75|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$134||$234||$392||$24||$118||$902||$75|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$154||$234||$392||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$234||$392||$24||$118||$942||$79|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$174||$234||$392||$24||$118||$942||$79|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$174||$234||$392||$24||$118||$942||$79|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$174||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$192||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$192||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$192||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Miami garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford F-150 insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age in Miami
The information below compares Ford F-150 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
- Big cities mean more claims - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when buying car insurance. Less people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Good drivers pay lower prices - How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accident claims can drive up Ford F-150 premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Where do you drive? - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your F-150 is just wasting money. Verify your policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Lots of companies give lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Frequent policy claims increase car insurance rates - If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Florida provide most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Premiums drop with age - Beginning drivers in Florida have been known to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older people are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Incidental coverages can add up - There are many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't careful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Ford F-150 claim statistics - Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is still important in Miami.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Miami who will give you quotes for your business. You won't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Miami that can give you rate quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Miami.
- Rick Gonzalez - State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way - Miami, FL 33165 - (305) 226-3412 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 - Miami, FL 33131 - (305) 379-3666 - View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd - Miami, FL 33155 - (305) 663-2300 - View Map
- Royal Palm Insurance Agency Inc
9900 NW 27th Ave - Miami, FL 33147 - (305) 835-6080 - View Map
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Miami, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your F-150, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Ford F-150 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
We've covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find more affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Miami
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Ford F-150 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Miami.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)