It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably move their business because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Miami.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Miami. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in Miami, FL
Lowering your auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Miami auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid rate quotes.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your C-Max Hybrid has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Get affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Miami with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, follow this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Miami who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Miami?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
After getting good feedback in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an provider that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What does medical payments cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links: