Inconceivable but true, over 70% of Florida drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best rates in Miami seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Florida car owners must know how insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Florida. To find cheap auto insurance in Miami, FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though Miami XL-7 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Suzuki XL-7, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Suzuki gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your XL-7 greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $855 a year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Suzuki XL-7 Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your XL-7 is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Age of drivers – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Suzuki XL-7 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are many additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Married drivers pay lower premiums – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Never let your policy expire – Not having insurance is a big no-no and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurance companies afford discounts to clients who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Save money with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Online Discount – A few car insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on XL-7 insurance in Miami.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Miami auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, driver training, daytime running lights, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, accident-free, annual mileage, anti-theft, multi-policy, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- Allstate has discounts for auto/life discount, passive restraint, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting free Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Miami. For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Miami, follow this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are good deductibles for a Suzuki XL-7?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Miami who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Miami should have no problem answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Miami agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Miami who may provide you with price quote information.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Miami independent agents that can give you price quotes.
After receiving good responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage. But keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Cheaper insurance is out there
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Suzuki XL-7 insurance prices in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
More tips and info about insurance is available in the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)