The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Miami.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A study showed that most drivers in Florida have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the United States could save up to 47% every year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper WRX insurance.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Miami auto insurance but check with your company.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Miami auto insurance on the web.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, membership and employees, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, safe driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
If you need affordable Subaru WRX insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see companies with discount rates in Miami, click here to view.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Miami, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Miami
Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Age of drivers – Teen drivers in Florida are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a beginning driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- File auto insurance claims and pay more – Companies in Florida award the lowest premiums to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your WRX may be costing you.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like professors, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Never go without auto insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
Subaru WRX statistical loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru WRX Models Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Miami auto insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Miami that can provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Miami can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Miami who can help you get comparison quotes.
- CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Westchester Insurance Agency
8833 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33165 – (786) 409-2211 – View Map
- Neighbors Insurance Agency
7149 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (786) 401-4820 – View Map
Auto insurance is not optional in Florida
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Ratings for Miami auto insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Miami. The company rank data listed below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
As you quote Miami auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to save on Subaru WRX insurance in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Miami auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Miami? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)