How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami? Sick and tired of scraping nickels together to pay car insurance each month? You are no different than many other Florida drivers.
Sad but true, 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. American consumers can save almost $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
How to quote cheaper Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami
The most effective way to find more affordable Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper G6 coverage is available in Miami. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal for Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami.
You need to do rate comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best quotes on Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami two years ago there may be better deals available now. There are lots of tips to save on G6 insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find affordable car insurance in Miami.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
High credit rating translates to low premiums – Having a bad credit history factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac G6 by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Cut rates and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Pontiac annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated G6 may be costing you higher rates.
Just remember that more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Not every company does Miami G6 insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. To get the best auto insurance in FL, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Facts and figures for Pontiac G6 insurance
The information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance premiums are established helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$452||$472||$28||$142||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can change premium rates noticeably.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Pontiac G6 auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Miami?
The example below shows the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac G6 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac G6 in Miami, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your G6 has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your Pontiac G6 and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Miami overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
These discounts can reduce Pontiac G6 insurance rates
Companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on G6 insurance in Miami.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Pontiac G6 insurance quotes in Miami, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Miami.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When finding a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Miami that can give you comparison quotes.
Ekono Insurance Agency
11626 NE 2nd Ave – Miami, FL 33161 – (305) 757-6767 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami that are able to give rate quotes.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Miami?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
One last thing about your coverage
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Miami car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheap Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami can be sourced from both online companies and with local Miami insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find lower priced Pontiac G6 insurance in Miami
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who can sell car insurance in Miami.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper G6 coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Miami? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)