It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest price will probably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Chevy Trax insurance in Miami is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives the details to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Trax insurance in Miami. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Get cheaper Chevy Trax insurance rates in Miami
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, air bags, early bird, good student, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, defensive driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, and student driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Miami, click this link.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Florida. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Miami, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Miami insurance agency
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Miami.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Miami who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local Miami insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Miami are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Miami that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Globalgreen Insurance Agency
6840 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 677-8022 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Miami?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
How to find a good Miami car insurance company
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Miami. The company rank data in the next section can help you select which providers to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Budget-conscious Chevy Trax insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you quote Miami auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)