It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly Kia K900 insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Kia K900 insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Miami. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the best rates in Miami is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially anyone who shops around for insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Florida drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
How to buy Miami Kia K900 insurance online
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia K900 in Miami, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Kia and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Cheaper Miami insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, good student, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including DriveSense, multi-car, paid-in-full, online quote, good student, and renters.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, good student, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including group or association, mature driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, multi-policy, driver training, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Miami auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Miami. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Miami, click here.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Miami who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Miami should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Miami?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Miami car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you need to find a local Miami insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Miami that are able to give price quote information.
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Miami independent insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Estrella Insurance #114
8615 Biscayne Blvd – Miami, FL 33138 – (305) 757-5900 – View Map
- JM Private Insurance Agency
7274 SW 48th St – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 908-1832 – View Map
- Alhambra Insurance
932 SW 67th Ave – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 774-9210 – View Map
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Ratings for Florida car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Miami. The ranking information listed below can help you select which providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Frequent quotes can save
When searching for cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cost effective Kia K900 insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)