A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. can save approximately $859 each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way to get discount Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Miami is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Florida.
First, gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like your driving record and bad credit can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to get Miami Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Miami, FL. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Ram 2500, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Florida is wasting up to $810 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Facts and figures for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance
The information displayed next covers a range of prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having a good understanding how policy rates are figured can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$398||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,050||$171|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$398||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,184||$182|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$398||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,184||$182|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$398||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,184||$182|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$398||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,184||$182|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$398||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,184||$182|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$442||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,228||$186|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$442||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,228||$186|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$442||$1144||$570||$34||$170||$2,360||$197|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$442||$1144||$570||$34||$170||$2,360||$197|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$442||$878||$570||$34||$170||$2,094||$175|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$488||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,274||$190|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$488||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,274||$190|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$488||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,274||$190|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$488||$1012||$570||$34||$170||$2,274||$190|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage in Miami
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram 2500 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Some companies don't list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you don't get every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, online shopper, Switch & Save, online quote, claim free, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
If you need low cost Miami auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, follow this link.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.